Saturday, July 30, 2011

More skating and cycling!

Wow, what a summer this has been! It's been refreshing, fun and exciting! It's the first summer in awhile that I've had the chance to chill and try new things. Paul and I bought a couple of bicycles at the beginning of summer and fell in love with cycling. As we learned more about the sport, we decided that we needed road bikes instead of cruisers! We checked over craigslist until we found two vintage road bikes that were just our style and in our price range. I picked up a 1984 Raleigh Capri and Paul got a 1984 Schwinn World Sport. The 80's was a great decade, so why not! We love them! I found mine for $30.00 and it only needed tires and minor brake repair! We are hoping to take many long journeys on them together!

This last Wednesday, Paul and I went to our skating class again. We decided to get our skates sharpened. The guy that sharpened them said they were really bad. So, I thought that when I got out there on the ice everything would be much easier. WRONG! My center of balance was SO off! I really did not skate well at all. I can't wait to get back out there and learn how to balance on those newly sharpened edges! I'm telling you, figure skating is a rough, tough, difficult sport. It's not for the faint of heart. People like to make fun of it and say that it's not a sport. I beg to differ. It's hard on your body. I have the bruises (and skate in the back of my leg cuts! lol) to prove it! But, it's worth the pain to learn something new and beautiful. I'm working on some spins now too! Paul took this picture after we didn't die:

No comments:

Post a Comment